Why do we feel demotivated?
Sometimes it is as simple as the time of the year, the weather, being ill or not being able to take a break. We also feel demotivated and stuck if we are playing it too safe or feel under utilized. This gives us the sense that each day is much the same as the former. Our routine and our comfort zones can also contribute to this feeling of boredom.
If we reflect on our habits we can see what no longer serves us. Habits equal results. Changing habits however requires real emotional strength which to me, is beyond just simply being motivated. Is motivation a total lie? Sometimes I think so! The things we really "should" do for our health, finances, career or relationships are usually HARD. I completely agree with Mel Robbins that we need to parent ourselves and this parenting requires discipline more than motivation.
So what are our main tools to maintain motivation and create better results?
1. Improve your self talk
2. Stop making excuses and giving yourself a free pass
3. Focus on self care, if you feel good you will be able to produce better outcome
4. Be aware of and manage the effects of stress and fatigue.
5. When you are ill, take time off
6. Celebrate and savour the small joys in your life
7. Digital detox - social media can create feelings of overwhelm or negative comparisons
8. Be aware that learning or trying anything new will make you feel uncomfortable
9. Failure is not bad, just ensure you are failing forward and that you learn from each experience
10. Be grateful. Gratitude attracts positive people, new opportunities and GOOD STUFF to you
So what steps can you take to get back on track for the next few months so you can finish the year strong?
I am on a personal journey with this at the moment and wanted to share these observations and tips with you. Hope this helps to kick start your motivation again. I hope that this inspires you to stretch and go for that goal! I believe in you so go and make magic!
Hugs from DXB
This blog was created originally for the Platinum Assistant Network South Africa. I would highly recommend that you register as a member or attend their events.
It is mid-year, the time of the year where we traditionally experience a loss of energy, motivation and enthusiasm. The weather, workload and stress can all be contributing factors. So how do you get out of your funk and reboot for the next six months so that we can finish the year STRONG?
I hope that these tips help you achieve and thrive for the next six months. Wishing you power and energy for the rest of 2018.
EASIER TO ACCESS