It happens to all of us, you go through a day, a week (or sometimes longer) when you are simply not feeling it. This lack of motivation and enthusiasm can be caused by various factors but here are some common causes:
Life happens, it gets us down but we can't stay in this space and the sooner we get ourselves back on track the better.
So how can we reboot our mojo? There are some incredibly simple hacks that can help you get focused and back in the game.
1. Relax, take a time out, go for a walk. Distance from the problem and a bit of breathing room will definitely help, every time - no exceptions! Make time to chill especially when you feel you can least afford it because that is when you need it.
2. Get active, get your heart pumping. Cortisol and adrenaline build up is bad for you and exercise helps you burn these off (the natural and logical use for your fight or flight hormones)
3. Find perspective, ask yourself questions like "will this matter in five years", "what is the worst thing that can happen", "how do I approach this differently", "what can I resolve, what must I accept", "what am I not seeing about the situation" "what behaviour will they not expect from me" and "what can I do to shake things up"
4. Think about a time that you were in a flow state (when you enjoy a task so much you have no sense of time and you did the task with ease and enthusiasm) HOW DO WE CREATE MORE FLOW? HOW DO I BRING FLOW TO WORK?
5. Be grateful. Gratitude fixes so many things
6. Monitor your inner dialogue and avoid negative words and thoughts. Negativity will create and attract more negativity. This is very hard you will fall into this trap but reset and try again, do not wallow.
7. Procrastination is literally having your mojo for breakfast. Make a list of what needs to be done, do the most distasteful, challenging items FIRST. By doing the yucky stuff (like minutes) first you free up the rest of the day without the guilt of the items you have been putting off. Procrastination eats your joy, your confidence and your energy.
8. Get ORGANISED and START MAKING PLANS - by taking charge, making decisions and taking action you can move yourself from where you are to where you want to be. By blaming others or treading water you are accepting your current situation and you have chosen to be a victim. Choice is powerful, action even more so!
8. How you sleep really matters. If you don't feel energetic and well rested you will be much more vulnerable to stress, less creative and resilient. IF YOU HAVE SLEEP ISSUES YOU NEED TO LOOK INTO IT!
9. Have some fun, change your routine, try something new, learn something!
10. Focus on creating connections with people. Say hello to people or simply smile. Reach out to that friend you have been meaning to call since last week. Send your mother some flowers!
11. Volunteer, step up, accept a challenge, do something you don't think you can do - your comfort zone is what keeps you stuck. If it scares you a little you should really consider trying it out!
I really hope that these tips will help you as much as they have helped me. Find the love again this Feb. Get excited about your life, have some adventures!
And may the Mojo be with you!
So until next time
HUGS FROM DXB
EASIER TO ACCESS