Our society glorifies busy, lack of sleep, MATERIAL THINGS and distraction. We are bombarded with more information and digital communication than we can possibly manage. Our working days (and our family time) is punctuated with the incessant pings and bleeps of smartphones. And if you do find yourself just taking it easy you feel almost instant guilt, surely there is something I SHOULD be doing!
Time goes FAST....New Year's Eve feels like it was five minutes ago and yet we are already at the end of the first week in March, (and my husband and I are very close to our first year in Dubai) it is crazy! The pace of life is absolutely frenetic!
This got me thinking. Am I present in my own life? Am I showing up for myself and the people who need me? Does my routine serve me and my family? Do I repeat the same week over and over and call it a life? Do I have the same problems I had last year?
I loved the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off (I know that it totally gives away my age) and my favourite quote from the movie was this "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it."
So this month I have challenged myself (and I hope you will join me) to:
1. Be aware of my daily routine, notice things and be in the moment
2. Spend more time in the real world with real people and make them a priority
3. Really pay attention to my emotions, my body and my relationships
4. Examine my relationships, who brings negativity and drama into my space? And start to manage this.
5. Turn small tasks into little rituals and ENJOY them
6. Savour things
7. Find time to be. Creating space for ideas and inspirations to find me while I am still
8. Manage distractions
9. Stop worrying about the future or living in the past.
10. Be more grateful and live with less!
So this is my homework for this month but I hope that by sharing these ideas with you that you will explore them and find some sanity, clarity and quiet too!
So until next time
HUGS FROM DXB